Working at Polymateria, you will be collaborating with some of the world’s leading experts in chemistry, biology and polymer science.
About the function
We are looking to recruit a technician to conduct analytical testing on plastic products and Polymateria’s patented Biotransformation technology. The technician will carry out analytical testing on a range of different instruments and will be expected to conduct testing independently and work within a small innovations team, under the management of the VP of Innovations.
This position is full-time and will be based at Polymateria’s laboratories in the Translation and Innovation Hub of Imperial College at White city, London.
The ideal candidate will be motivated by using analytical chemistry as a tool to developing products with better sustainability features and performance. They will be a logical and analytical thinker as well as being extremely organised in their approach to work. Additionally the candidate will be dynamic and adaptable with a willingness to grow and develop new skills in a fast-paced plastics technology company based in central London.
Perform the testing of new products and prototypes in our laboratories, specifically:
- Sample preparation for accelerated aging.
- Tensile testing of samples, in accordance with international standards.
- Perform spectroscopic evaluation and analysis of samples.
- Collate, draft and report out on results in both oral, graphical and written formats.
Essential requirements / key skills
- BSc (or equivalent) in chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Good communication skills – both verbally and in written format.
- Evidence of previous working and reporting in analytical sciences, either in an industrial or educational setting.
- Previous experience using FTIR, Tensile testing and other analytical methods is desired, but not essential as bespoke training will be provided.
- Previous experience of working with plastics is desirable but not essential.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please send CV along with one-page application in writing with how you believe you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 April 2019.