Working at Polymateria, you will be collaborating with some of the world’s leading experts in chemistry, biology and polymer science.
Commercial Logistics Manager
About the Function
Polymateria’s commercial pipeline has grown significantly and the business needs support to manage our customers’ manufacturing trials and commercial testing. This is a cross functional role, feeding insights into our Operations, Sales & Marketing and R&D functions. As such being a strong “team player” is a must.
You will be capable of supervising and managing the end-to-end process of the commercial testing clients’ products.
You will be experienced in driving efficiencies, process improvement and quality control management.
You will have the commercial awareness to identify additional sales opportunities through relationship building with our customers.
Provide consultation and support for customers running a range of packaging manufacturing facilities, from film extrusion to injection moulding. You will also:
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Develop, implement and document standard operating procedures and conditions for process control, process improvement, testing, inspection and positive release practices.
- Direct the Quality Assurance inspection process to assure that our customers productions facilities are using correct master batch, current standardised methods, procedures and practices.
- Manage Polymateria’s logistical operations – internal and external
- Work closely with process engineering and production staff on the production floor.
- Work closely with sales, marketing and customers as necessary to confer on quality issues and review additional commercial opportunities.
- Manage the end-to-end commercial testing programmes with third-party testing facilities and in-house R&D team, including tight time and cost management.
- Provide a feedback loop from the client to our R&D and Sales & Marketing functions.
Essential Key Skills
- Science based degree in a technical field like Maths, Chemistry, Physics or Engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in process management and improvement, ideally in packaging manufacturing, with background in systems management.
- Commercial insight and focus.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate and influence direction.
- Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented, customer relationship focused and safety conscience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and continually changing environments.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%).
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please send CV along with one page application in writing with how you believe you meet the criteria to email@example.com by 31 August 2019.
Polymateria is funding and / or sponsoring positions within University research groups. The following are currently open positions:
Postdoctoral Fellowship – Imperial College
We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to conduct research on the biotransformation of polymers, a particular focus of the project will be the chemical transformation of aromatic polyesters using stimuli found in the natural environment to promote these reactions. The successful candidate will work closely with the Innovations team at Polymateria creating a constant feedback loop of discovery versus commercial application. The project is funded by an Innovate UK grant that Polymateria won in collaboration with Imperial College. The position is based at Imperial College within the Chemistry department. To apply, please do so directly through Imperial College using the link below:
PhD Studentship – Imperial College
As part of Polymateria’s commitment to blue skies research and innovation, we are sponsoring a PhD studentship within the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generation Synthesis & Reaction Technology. The project we are sponsoring will look at the design and development of novel photocatalysts, which use visible (natural) light to initiate a variety of tuneable chemical transformations. In addition, the project will also look to elucidate the mechanism of these transformations using a variety of analytical methods, especially in-situ EPR spectroscopy, to identify and study radical driven reactions. To find out more and apply for the studentship, please do so using the link below: